Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pogo

This guy is my current reason to illustrate. He creates these songs/videos using sound samples from films. The result is truly beautiful. Work like this is an example of what fandom can do for a piece--these films, enjoyable in their own right, are a degree more complete now, having been re-arranged. Like taking an old drawing, cutting it up, and taping the pieces back together, sometimes the act of deconstruction can open up the hidden potentials of something once thought a stagnant, unmoving piece in time.

On a related note, The Secret Garden is one of my all-time favorite flicks. If you look closely, you'll see that the whole world is a garden.

2 comments:

Shanti R. said...

His tracks are wonderful, no? Watching the one you posted makes me want to revisit The Secret Garden (a fave from my childhood, too). Thanks for sharing!

Abby Boeh said...

Oh my god, I haven't seen this movie since I was like 8, but it was one of my favorites. That scene with the key, and when the boy is in the bathtub are still so memorable.